Hi Colin. We are just playing around with the settings a little more as the firmware has changed since we flew before Christmas and also my 'i' value was below 10 and I am now tuning it up as John C suggests. We are test flying tomorrow if the weather is good so if we get some good results I'll post our BLD config.
Hi Milo. Thanks very much and yes we have used the original Radians with servos and then for brushless, the Martinez and the Alexmos with our current motors 5208 180T on all 3 axis. In my humble opinion the G-lock is the next leap above those boards. It is more stable/reliable, has more power, the IMU is better and of course it is all driven by John C's software:-)
We did a quick test flight the other day with the 5208 motors and a Canon 1DC. Our AUW was 10lbs for the gimbal. The title and roll worked perfectly, the pan motor needed more tuning but I think that even with the 5208 motor I will be able to get good stabilisation. I don't think that I would have been able to get similar results with that weight, those motors and the Alexmos, specially not on the pan.
We have also given the G-lock BLD a go on a little NEX gimbal with the Black Magic Pocket and that worked great too.