This adds new functionality to improve the overall capability of the G-Lock system : please check the post at the end of this thread for a description of the changes.
You must also upgrade the PC to version 1.06 for this firmware (available here). Please uninstall the previous version first. Also upgrade the BLD PC software to 1.06 (available here) if you tune through the G-Lock connection.
Added full support for the CARVEC HSL link (for daisychaining BLD and Signal-Master modules) Rearrangement of Configuration storage
NOTE: Please save the existing G-Lock config to a file (using the PC application) before upgrading. The afterwards, load the config back in and write it to the G-Lock module. This is because the config storage regions have changed and this will put it in the right place.
For new installations, please use this config file as your first default and make changes from there:
The G-Lock software is now released at version 1.0. This version is a major update and is the release compatible with the brushless driver modules.
Addition of 'follow mode' for the Pan axis. 'Mode' RC Channel 'Banding' modified to add 'follow' mode and also narrow the 'fixed position' band to make it more flexible to select other modes using subtrim + endpoints etc. A 'null' offset can be stored to compensate for servos where the resistor pack has a large 'off-centre' error. A gyro filtering option is included to help damp very high freq brushless motor oscillations if present. Fixes an issue where a servo can be active immediately after power up (ie before initialisation complete) Added a 'damping' gain parameter as well as the normal gain.
This version also modifies the configuration memory internal to the CPU. To ensure all new parameters are correct, please make a note of your channel assignments and gain settings before upgrading, then load the attached configuration file into the module. Then set your channels + orientation back to your own settings. Finally check the mode RC channel still remains in the correct bands for your radio.
The PC Software has also been modified and the new version should be downloaded from here
G-Lock version 1.02 allows the initial auto-direction check for the motor drives to be disabled. It makes the initial start smoother and for brushless gimbals, the direction is set in the BLD module anyway.
A few issues have been identified in 1.02. These are:
1) The roll axis could start to drift when the camera tilt is > 85 degrees 2) The pan axis could start to drift (usually clockwise) when the gimbal is suspended and the pan axis is on. It would slowly increase speed once it started. 3) The PPM input was being disabled when the HSL bus was being used.
1) Fixed an issue where the pan axis would start to creep and slowly increase speed after power on.
2) Fixed an issue where the roll axis would start to drift when the camera tilt is > 85 degrees.
3) Fixed an issue where PPM input was disabled on Port#1 when the HSL was enabled on Port#2.
4) Added new 'Test Mode' where an axis can be slewed back and forth to make initial tuning easier (can be used standalone with servo mounts or with software 1.10+ for the BLD brushless system).
This extremely useful feature will slew between the two end-points set for 'proportional mode' and use the programmed acceleration + max slew speeds to give smooth movement. The rates and error angles can be viewed graphically whilst tuning to get the best response prior to test flights.
Version 1.06 brings some useful feature enhancements which are results of user feedback. This is a screenshot of PC app version 1.0.4 :
Area 1 on the diagram :
The first new feature is the ability to select the channels independently for the Spektrum port and Port#1 (SBUS/PPM). If you set one of these to 'Off', it will always use the other one - so it is possible to mix control between the two radios if you need to (eg always have the 'Mode' channel from the pilots radio).
Also you now have an 'Aux' channel selection (only visible when you select the Tilt channel). This output will appear as a 50Hz servo pulse on Port#5 of the G-Lock. Note that this is normally for the PC connection so you cannot use it at the same time as the PC software. However, the 'Aux Servo Out' indicator bar on the left will show if it is working. Once the PC software has been connected, you need to repower the G-Lock to start the servo pulse.
Area 3 : Satellite/Port#1 priority selection
Firmware 1.06 allows you to change which receiver takes priority over the other (previously, the Satellite port always took priority). It also now has an option for the axis to be only active when the Port#1 input is valid to complement the existing 'On with Spektrum' option.
Area 4 : Test Mode
Clicking this button will cause the axis to be driven between the 2 end points for the Proportional mode settings (to the right of the button). It will slew between them using the maximum slew rate and acceleration in the 'Slew Rate' settings (just above). Note the end points must be within the axis 'Max Min' angles otherwise it will stop when it reached the limit.
**Note**: Version 1.06 removes the 'null' latch for the slew channel. This was causing problems with Spektrum if someone moved the sticks during the initialisation time for the satellite (several seconds). Please check each slew channel is in the centre of the indicator bar after installing 1.06. If it isn't, use subtrim to put it there.
Last Edit: Mar 4, 2014 1:20:32 GMT by Admin: Added note about slew channel null latching
Firmware 1.07 adds some new features to the G-Lock system including:
1) You can now tune the BLD modules whilst connected to the G-Lock : no more swapping cables required !. To use it, just run the BLD PC software whilst connected to the G-Lock. It will automatically connect you to the BLD modules.
2) The 'proportional mode' slew control can now be selected according to the receiver being used. As an example, the Port-1 input could be proportional mode from a shoulder lever on the main radio (for single operator mode) and incremental mode for the 2nd operator on a Spektrum satellite system. When the Spektrum is turned on, the G-Lock will automatically switch from proportional mode to incremental mode.
3) The main G-Lock gains now apply to the BLD module gains allowing them to fine-tune the BLD gain. This also allows an RC channel to be used to control the BLD gain in flight to help with fine-tuning.
The latest firmware has some new options which may be set incorrectly by default from older version. Please consult this list to make sure things are set correctly : UpgradeToGLock1.07Notes.txt (1.45 KB)
Here is a short video of the new firmware in action :
Firmware 1.08 is now available which adds the following functionality:
1) Fixed a very slight jitter in the IMU angles due to accelerometer noise
2) Added a 'vibration analysis' feature which will record all IMU rates and accelerations to a log file at 200Hz. This is intended for performance analysis of gimbals in-flight using Bluetooth.
3) The default mode for when the G-Lock has no valid 'Mode' signal (ie the radio is off or the 'Mode' channel set to 'Off') can now be configured using the PC application.
Previously the default mode was 'fixed position' and the Pan axis was set for 'Off in fixed position' to prevent the multirotor spinning on the ground.
This firmware allows it to be set to 'follow' mode by default. Follow mode does not suffer from spinning like normal stabilisation and so can be used for takeoff and landing.
The main use of this feature is to enter 'follow' mode automatically after power-up when flying solo and the second operators radio is turned off (eg during test flights).
The default mode is configured in the 'Pan' axis display : connect to the Pan axis to see the setting box.
When the default mode is set to 'follow' you have a period of 5 seconds after the gimbal first starts (ie when the motors grab) in which you can lift the multirotor and turn it so that the gimbal is lined up as you want it. After the 5 seconds has elapsed, it will enter 'follow' mode and maintain this angle relative to the airframe while giving the smoothing and stabilisation which follow mode provides.
4) The communication speed from the G-Lock is changed so that it is the same as the BLD and bootloader modules (for compatibility using the Bluetooth module). Hence you need to download PC app 1.06 for this firmware. The link is at the top of this thread.